- Maintain accounts operations for provision of accurate financial information useful in decision making.
- Protect and preserve the company's accounting policies and assets to comply with financial reporting and control requirements.
- Analyze sales and manufacturing reports.
- Prepare consumption variance report.
- Prepare and analyze financial information - Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet schedules etc. and submit to FC for review and consolidation.
- Reconcile items like revenue (Bank, Cash etc.), receivables, payables, inventories, advances and miscellaneous income to make sure they are within accounting policy definitions.
- Support and lead departments in preparing their annual budget, support FC in consolidation of the budget
- Plan tax returns with reference (to current legislation) and ensure compliance.
- Analyze and ensure compliance to capital expenditure policy.
- Ensure timely and complete month-end and year-end closing in preparation for annual audit.
- Coordinate with external auditors to deliver various audit requirements. Ensure recommendations and internal audit queries are effectively implemented.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures for accountability and minimizing wastage.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Report any suspected case of fraud to the management without bias.
- Maintain and prepare company payroll with reference to payroll changes from HR.
- Provide daily guidance to Cashier and Accounting Officer and other team.
- Prepare other key metric reports relevant for business as may be asked from time to time.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Financial Controller
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting (minimum second-class lower division)
- ICAN or ACCA qualified.
- 4 - 7 years relevant work experience.
- Manufacturing experience is key and must stay in Kaduna.
- Knowledge in Advanced Microsoft Office -advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a MUST
- Excellent use of Tally software.
- Competence in stock taking, maintenance of records and preparation of MIS.
- Ample experience leading and working across corporate functions with financial rigor and accountability.
- Has external relationship with auditors and relevant regulatory authorities.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
About the company
Jobs close to you