Cost Control Lead Engineer - M/FSpie Services
a month0 Applicants
- The job holder is responsible for all the activities related to Budget and Cost Control on the UBETA Project and all along the course of the Project.
- The job holder shall implement the Cost Control structure, Cost Control procedures and practices, and Cost Control tools (UNISUP and U-Cost).
- The job holder shall also prepare, analyze, process, and present all information and documentation related to Project costs and expenditures.
- The job holder will also have to liaise actively with all the Project Package Managers (mainly) and with TEPNG Finance Department for all matters related to cost control and accounting.
- The job holder shall observe and shall impose strict confidentiality all along the course of the Project.
- The job holder reports to the Project Control Manager
- The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating exemplary behavior about HSSE rules & requirements and for implementing and controlling HSSE rules within his area of responsibility.
In a general manner, to provide assistance to the Project Management for all matters related to Budget and Cost Control UBETA Project activities and general Cost reporting:
- organize, coordinate, and control all the activities by informing, supporting, and directing personnel in their roles, responsibilities, and objectives.
- To give advice and propose improvements to the UBETA Project Cost coding structure to be developed.
- To ensure the right implementation and propose improvements of Project and Corporate procedures, means, and tools to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the Project Cost Control activities.
- To participate (from a Cost Control point of view) in the preparation/consolidation and review of the various Project budgets and updates (internal and external / Annual and Multiyear) with inputs from the members of the Project Team and provide “ad hoc” economics support as required.
- To provide the necessary checks, and approval functions for invoices submitted, by Contracts, Project & Company procedures, Sarbanes & Oxley requirements, and DoA.
- To provide input into the UNISUP System, regarding payment schedules (cash calls), invoicing, and cost control issues as required.
- To prepare for issuance the necessary Project cost information and data, Subsidiary and Partners / Shareholders / Concessionaire / Company.
- To assist in the cost assessment of any contract variations and identify any Project cost trends, drifts, and variances data update and maintain the Project Final Cost Estimate, and prepare the Monthly Cost Report with comments.
- To liaise actively with TEPNG Finance Department for all matters related to cost and accounting as required (Commitments, invoice processing, payment, accruals, payment claims, and disputes...)
- To ensure strict confidentiality of all the Budget and Cost documentation (whatever its support).
- To timely report to Project Control Manager, highlighting achieved progress and timely reporting any area of concern or problem encountered; to assist and support him with all matters related to Cost Control.
- To gather ‘lessons learned’ and provide feedback to other TOTALENERGIES entities as required.
The designee nominated is accountable to:
- Organize his job in full respect and within the limit of defined and approved planning & budgets.
- Have good relationships with other Departments / Packages of the Division.
- Have good relationships with other TEPNG entities such as Strategy and Planning Division, Production Division, Drilling and Completion Division; Engineering, Project and Modifications Division.
- Ensure a transversal way of working, in a good team spirit.
- Familiarize self with TEPNG emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely, and report any incident, unsafe act, or operation.
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well-trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring.
- To fully comply with office security, health, and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose ways of improvement.
- To take care of colleagues’ safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his/her input and making sure the workplace is safe (clean and tidy)
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
- To participate actively in anomaly reporting.
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
Required Qualification and Background:
- Level / Diploma: Engineer, or equivalent.
- Professional Experience (years): 5 - 15
- Experience in a similar position (years): 5
- Languages: English mandatory
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals, and being immersed in international culture.
About the company