- Nuru Nigeria is seeking a Curriculum Specialist (CS) who will be in charge of farmer association / organizations training curriculum design on business, group management, leadership and total coordination for external engagements. The curriculum specialist will work under the supervision of the Deputy Programs, Director / Project Coordinator of Nuru Nigeria with support from the Project Specialist of Nuru International.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Curriculum Specialist will report to the Deputy Program Director Nuru Nigeria who would be the Coordinator of this project.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Program Director Nuru Nigeria the curriculum specialist would be expected to perform the following responsibilities:
- Devise, plan field test, revise and pilot the introduction of competency-based curriculum and instruction methodology for selected curriculum modules, for Nuru
- Nigeria’s Project is well simplified for smallholder farmers
- Design and support the implementation of training curricula for Cooperative management, Microenterprise management, leadership, savings and lending and other elements that ensure the sustainability of NN Farmer Organizations
- Establish the procedure for gathering together the best curriculum modules at the appropriate levels which exist in Nigeria and internationally, and adopt and adapt. (Drawing especially on components relevant to Northeast Nigeria and having a common or near-common language, practice and climate.)
- Align the curriculum development practice to the existing, competency-based methodologies being adopted by Nuru Nigeria in building sustainable farmer organizations.
- Form local curriculum development support teams drawing on individuals from a wide range of agriculture development agencies including the Ministry of Agriculture, FAO, agricultural sector NGOs etc.
- Establish the networking procedures which will enable and encourage agriculture-sector representatives and other stakeholders to engage fully with the Farmers Training Center in order to develop new curricula based on the assessment of good agricultural practices suitable for Northeast Nigeria.
- Design scripts for video training's alongside other project officers
- Conduct Training of Trainers for Farmers, Extension Agents, Lead Farmers, etc.
- Ensure that gender issues are mainstreamed in all activities.
- Contribute in proposal writing as required by the Deputy Program Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Economics or another related field
- M.Sc. preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience.
- Proven track record of effective curriculum writing and development
- Demonstrated ability, experience and conviction to operate in both office and field settings, and a desire to work in remote, rural settings.
- Experience in designing and developing adult training content
- Experience working with gender mainstreaming, designing gender sensitive trainings and workshop discussions for community members.
- Five years working experience in curriculum design and creation.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience. Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach. Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance. 13 th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.