Digitalizing Learning Support And Standing Order ConsultantBanyan Global
BG Laurel International Nigeria LTE/GTE is an owned subsidiary of Banyan Global, Inc, a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over fifteen countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. The HWM Activity is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). By its conclusion, HWM is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 10,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
Targeted interventions will contribute to 1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and 2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary health care (PHC) workforce.
This activity will contribute to the achievement of USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective 2 “a healthier, more educated population in targeted states” and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 “Utilization of quality health services in targeted areas and population groups increased.”
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The HWM Activity is seeking the services of a competent and experienced Health Software Developer to support the:
- Development of a web-based learning support hub to improve pre-service and in-service training of primary health care workers, and
- Digitalization of the standing orders for community health practitioners into a Mobile App (standing orders for the three cadre community health practitioners – Junior Community Health Extension Workers/JCHEWs, Community Health Extension Workers/CHEWs, and the Community Health Officers/CHOs
- The consultant will work very closely with these two relevant stakeholder organizations: the Community Health Practitioners Registration Board of Nigeria (CHPRBN) and the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) to carry out this scope of work.
Scope of Work:
- Develop a web portal: The web portal will be responsive and offers at the minimum informational contents, a user registration and management function, blog, discussion forum, and must be secured.
- The details of the business and user, functionalities and the other QoS requirements will be provided during the inception meeting with the preferred consultant.
- Mobile app: The app will be restricted to CHEWS in good standing with the regulatory body. It will assist them to make informed clinical decisions including determining the most appropriate referrals, skills development and regulation of the practice.
Reporting Line and Approach:
- The software engineer/Consultant will receive overall guidance and oversight from the HWM Country Director. The day-to-day technical oversight will be provided by the HWM Technical Director with support from the HWM Quality HRH Training Specialist
- The Consultant is also expected to consult with relevant key stakeholders throughout the process of the consultancy assignment including relevant stakeholders from the two regulatory bodies (CHPRBN and NMCN).
- The Consultant may be required to travel to all the HWM focus states of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi and Sokoto, as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to perform some of the duties as described above, especially during the field testing and training of the end-users on the products.
- HWM will make all travel arrangements and cover appropriate costs of approved travels only.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in software development, with a focus on web and mobile app development.
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks such as React, Angular, and Vue.js.
- Experience with databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence solutions is an added advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Good understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
We are a development consulting firm that works in five continents. Through market-driven business approaches, We improves livelihoods.