- Under the guidance of the Country Director (CD), the Director Program Operations will provide management and operations oversight of FHI 360 Nigeria programs and portfolios to ensure that the overall projects are effectively and efficiently implemented
- The position holder will work with the CD and teams to leverage local resources to foster program alignment, harmonization, ownership, and mutual accountability for greater outcomes.
- Facilitate day to day management of the project activities, provide leadership to monitor budget implementation and ensure strict compliance to donor and organization policies and procedures for NASCP PMTCT (GF) and other projects
- Responsible for reviewing, managing and tracking financial performance effectiveness, efficiency, and pipelines for FHI 360 Nigeria portfolios, e.g., burn rates, expenditure against approved workplans and budgets including tracking labour reports, periodically assess staffing needs, support re-programming funds based on program needs
- Coordinate Senior Management Team activities including anchoring of meetings, events, annual retreats in accordance with the established terms of reference (ToR)
- Support the development, implementation and evaluation of annual work plans and track to ensure timely submission of periodic donor reports that meet donor standards (timeliness, accuracy and quality)
- Oversee management of FHI 360’s sub agreements with Prime and sub partners to ensure compliance with donor policies and regulations including achievement of targets where applicable
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to donor requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation
- Build local capacity to develop, implement and evaluate systems to support consistent adherence and tracking of project workplans and budgets, as well as periodic management of fund requests, expenditure tracking/reconciliation, financial reporting
- Track and provide support towards timely preparation and submission of financial reports in line with donor standards (timeliness, accuracy, and quality) Support the CD to ensure timely submission of accurate programmatic and technical reports as required including responding promptly to all requests from donors.
- Support the CD in duties related to the management of human resources including analysis of staffing needs and resources, review of position descriptions, mentoring, and capacity building
- Support CD to advocate for FHI 360 Nigeria programs by amplifying donors’ investments with key stakeholders including the Ministries of Health, Humanitarian Affairs, Education, Global Fund Country Team and other relevant institutions through collation and packaging of program results and outcomes to advance the programming in Nigeria
- Support CD to drive the localization initiatives in line with FHI 360 global agenda as well as donors’ priority Represent FHI 360 and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
Minimum Qualification and Requirements
- BS / BA / BL in Social Science, Development Studies, Education, Statistics, Mass Communication, Monitoring & Evaluation, Pharmacy, Law, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 12 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience. Experience working in PEPFAR / USAID and Global Fund will be an added advantage.
- PHD or similar Degree with 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience. OR
- MS / MA / LLM / MPH in Social Science, Development Studies, Education, Statistics, Mass Communication, Monitoring & Evaluation, Pharmacy, Law, Public Health or related field, and a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A multi-skilled person able to perform duties across different programming areas (multitasking) Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working rapport with staff and other FHI 360 partners.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision. Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in terms of reporting Ability to travel in Nigeria minimum of 25%.
About the company
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.