This Service is created to contribute to the affiliates production and financial objectives by:
- Ensuring that all Drilling & Wells and 3rd party equipment & materials for operations are available on time, in proper working condition and have passed the necessary Premobilization requirements (Certifications / paperwork etc.)
- Ensure that all Drilling & Wells and 3rd party equipment & materials equipment within the perimeter of the Nigerian affiliate are properly inspected and prepared for mobilization to operational sites in line with pre-defined guidelines and checklists.
- Ensures proper co-ordination of materials/resources with other departments (Technical Logistics, Procurement, etc.)
- Ensures personal commitment to Company policies, standards, codes of conduct and HSE requirements.
- Works with other departments and assets (HSE, FOPS, Asset integrity, HQ, C&P, tech log, etc)
- Supports the Head, Materials & QA/QC, QAQC Inspectors and the Methods & Performance Team in providing support and driving performance to a diverse range (Rig-based, SEWOP, barge and rig less operations) of floater and Non-floater (Onshore, Classic offshore and Deepwater) based Drilling & Well activities.
Co-Ordination / Organisation:
- Provide reports regularly (daily / weekly) on HSE and Operational activities to head of materials & QA/QC
- Liaises with Drilling & Wells teams, TechLog, relevant entities, and Contractors to ensure optimization of Management, Inspection, QA/QC and well equipment preparation.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Works with other engineers and supervisors, shares experience and best practices, initiates, and reviews documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintain good communication with all entities at company logistics bases (Onne, OML58, New Pipe yard) and contractor/ 3rd Party Sites to ensure smooth management of equipment and materials.
- Maintain synergy with the QAQC team (supervisors and support staff) to complement the Inspection, Validation, issuance and receipt of company and contractor/3rd party equipment / Materials.
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions and associated equipment i.e., Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity, and Fluids.
- Has Good knowledge of Equipment Certifications, lifting standards, Transportation standards and Maintenance standards/schedules applicable to the Oil & Gas +Maritime and Transportation industry.
- Has good knowledge and experience in QA/QC and Inspection technologies, and techniques (MPI, DPT, UST, EC, etc.)
- Understand the application of various inspection standards & codes (API, ASTM, ASNT, etc.) in defining rejection criteria after inspection.
- Prepare and implement equipment/materials mobilization plan (Guidelines/ checklists) and procedures in line with company and industry standards for premobilization of Equipment and Materials at Company and 3rd party location prior to issuance for operations and during receiving inspection after
- Follows up Preparation and Loadout of equipment & materials stored at the site for Drilling, Completion, and Intervention operations.
- Participate in the Company sharing of professional experience through REX.
- Assist with Incident Investigation and Trouble shooting at company and 3rd Party sites for equipment designated for operations prior to issuance and after operations.
- Ensure the respect of safety rules and frames of references.
- Adapt and Implement Company Mobilization and QAQC rules and standards on company assets, Contractors, and 3rd parties.
- Track QA/QC and Inspection KPIs for Drilling & Wells Teams, Contractors, 3rd parties and other assets
- Maintain good interface with other entities (TechLog , ECP etc) for the optimization of Inspection and Mobilization activities.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative with minimum supervision, working to meet deadlines, high degree of organizational ability and an effective communicator with contacts at all levels.
- The goal is to ensure that the minimal number of resources (Time, Personnel) is dedicated to ensuring the optimal state readiness of equipment to be mobilized for operations from contractors, 3rd party and logistics bases.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to Company and statutory HSE policies, standards and codes of conduct and drives / ensures compliance of same within the team and contractors.
- Actively participates and ensures team participation in Company safety awareness/initiative schemes and audits to ensure the contractors are compliant.
- Initial formal education: Technician
- 3-5 years relevant technical experience with Onshore and offshore Drilling / Well engineering roles
- Prior experience (desirable): Engineering / Operations / Inspection / Technical Audit roles
- Knowledgeable in Drilling & Completion Engineering / Operations, well interventions and Well integrity.
- Good knowledge of Certifications, Lifting standards, Transportation standards and Maintenance standards/schedules applicable to the Oil & Gas + Maritime and Transportation industry.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedures and Standards. Stock management, Materials handling, and Logistics
- Membership of relevant Inspection and Technical audit bodies is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.