General Ledger AccountantPathfinder
7 days ago2 Applicants
- Assists Global office to complete the financial closing process and ensure timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Analyzes and prepares certain financial reports, optimizes workflow, and harmonizes processes to ensure the accurate and timely close.
- Coordinates and documents accounting processes based on different ERP systems.
- Manages the monthly preparation, review and analysis of global operating results, and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Records and reconciles balance sheet accounts including cash, intercompany, prepaids and accruals.
Foreign Denominated Accounts:
- Prepares monthly revaluations of foreign denominated accounts. Maintains foreign exchange rates in the accounting system.
Country Cash Requests:
- Reviews and processes country cash funding requests for accuracy.
- Reviews field transactions to verify compliance with Pathfinder and donor policies and regulations.
- Assists with annual audits in preparing audit schedule and review documents
- Works to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assists in initiatives to implement improvements financial statements in accordance with US GAAP requirements.
- Optimizes workflow and harmonizes processes. Coordinates and documents accounting processes based on different ERP systems
- Prepares data and documentation for government surveys within set time constraints.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting, or related field, or equivalent, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- 3 years’ professional finance and accounting experience.
- Accounting Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply accounting principles, standards, guidelines, and practices. Advanced knowledge of FAR and GAAP.
- Reconciliation: Proven ability to reconcile accounts.
- Consolidation Process: Proven ability to manage the consolidation process.
- Reporting: Foundational knowledge of the financial reporting process.
- Accounting Systems and Tools: Advanced knowledge of accounting systems, data, and spreadsheets.
- Audit Process: Foundational knowledge of the audit process, standards, and guidelines.
- Job-Specific Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of accounting software applications to include accounting systems, data, and spreadsheets.
Preferred Competence and Work Experience:
- Work experience with a multinational organization.
- Work experience in international Finance and Accounting
- Work experience with Serenic financial systems
- Work experience with government grants and contracts
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
Technology to be Used:
- Uses cellular and office phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Travel required (at least 10%)
About the company
Pathfinde is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma.