Human Resources AssociateThe Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
7 days ago3 Applicants
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH.
- The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The Human Resources Associate in collaboration with the HR Lead and project staff will perform a variety of HR functions, including talent acquisition and management, policies and regulations and general Human Resources Operations/Administration.
- The successful candidate is aware of, adheres to MSH’s Procurement Integrity (PI) standards in all activities, and is responsible for raising the awareness of staff regarding PI regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the HR Specialist II and Project team, be actively involved in talent acquisition process for fulltime staff and contingent workers.
- Perform all required reference, background checks, CSI Verification and documentation for new hires
- Maintain employee database both hardcopies and on the MDrive system. Administer paperwork for all local employee changes in status.
- Ensure the efficient administration of staff insurance coverage with the insurer for new employees and for the removal of terminated employees.
- In collaboration with the HR team, provide required policy trainings to all project team members, hiring managers to ensure that MSH standards and USAID regulations are adhered.
- Provide PPRD information to supervisors and staff on how to complete related forms. Ensure plans and reviews are complete in a timely manner.
- Coordinate orientation process for new employees and exit process.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives to improve employee team cohesion.
- Act as an Admin contact during and after consultant engagement and process consultant payment in a timely manner
- Proactively update HR Specialist II on staff issues and feedback.
- Ensure that strong internal control systems are in place, MSH Code of Conduct and MSH’s Zero Tolerance practice are well understood by all staff in country and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award requirements in compliance with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Participates within the larger Global HR team to share ideas, develop standard best people practices, and implement best practices across MSH Programs.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
- Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
- Reports Directly To: HR Specialist II
- Works Directly With: HR Specialist II, Director Finance and Administration. All Hiring Managers, MSH operation and finance team, technical/program team.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in human resources management or related discipline.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ related and progressive experience in HR functions as an HR generalist.
- Experience working with USAID funded organizations will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of stakeholders; Internal and external.
- Competencies to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Team working skills and the ability to collaborate well with others.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in record keeping.
- Proven ability to successfully participate on teams in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of local labor law.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and to prioritize
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Relationship-building skills
- Good team work qualities
- Good Microsoft office suites.
About the company