Reporting to the Head, Planning and Procurement, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- To ensure strategic sourcing and procurement of imported direct and indirect materials, finished goods, machines, equipment and accessories in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the importation of raw and packaging materials, finished goods, machines, spares, equipment and accessories in line with company’s procurement policies.
- Facilitates the import process to ensure compliant, timely, and accurate stock movements, which includes import documentation, shipment coordination, customs clearance, etc.
- Participates in the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) through relevant procurement reporting and summary of key supply constraints.
- Ensures import purchase orders are executed promptly as required to foster effective delivery of imported materials for uninterrupted operations.
- Processes all customs clearing related documents and ensures relevant deadlines are met.
- Coordinates the activities of clearing agents and ensures clearing costs are in line with approved tariffs.
- Liaises with suppliers to ensure shipments are done on schedules, and adequate documentation accompany shipments.
- Ensures Exchange Control Documents (ECD) are promptly submitted to Authorized Dealer Banks.
- Establishes mutually beneficial, ethical and healthy relationships with suppliers to achieve quality standards and improvements on a continuous basis.
- Prepares monthly report on import activities.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the Head, Planning and Procurement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Management, Economic or related discipline. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant Professional bodies
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience in similar role.
Competencies Required for the Role:
- In-depth knowledge of importation process, procurement practices and principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of customs regulations and compliance requirements
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, ERP – Microsoft Navision
Key Performance Indicators:
- Procurement cost reduction and avoidance
- Compliance with regulatory and statutory guidelines
- Demurrage rate and returns on container deposits
- Openness, transparency and efficiency of the procurement process.
Within Industry Standard.