- Want to use your communications skills along with diversity, equality and inclusion experience to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
- Join WaterAid as our new Internal Communications Manager - Diversity, Equality & Inclusion and change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work award-winning organisation.
- Reporting to the Global Lead for Internal Communications and Engagement and working closely with the Global Lead for Diversity and Inclusion, you will deliver internal communications that support the delivery of the newly developed Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and will ensure that diversity and inclusion is integrated into all of our global internal communications.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate progress against the newly developed global workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Work with the Global Lead for Diversity and Inclusion to communicate and share stories about the leadership commitment to inclusion at WaterAid
- Produce and deliver a global internal communications and engagement plan that supports our ‘Racial Equality and Inclusion framework’.
- Working within WaterAid’s internal communications team to ensure diversity and inclusion is integrated into all aspects of our global internal communications.
- Provide communications advice to senior leaders across WaterAid to ensure that diversity and inclusion is integrated into their communications.
- Be a visible and inspiring equality, diversity and inclusion champion, coordinating and collaborating with the existing networks and groups who are championing equality and rights across WaterAid, and promoting best practice and knowledge sharing to all employees.
- Support the Global Lead for Diversity and Inclusion to communicate diversity and inclusion metrics and learning from diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Produce communications about our employee education and training plans to support our culture of continuous learning and improvement.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- A good understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues that can arise in a complex or global organisation.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of diversity and inclusion best practice.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise, plan and manage projects and a demanding, varied and complex workload.
- Strong IT literacy, with high levels of capability using standard Office 365 applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, influence and collaborate with a wide variety of contacts (including at a senior level) across the organisation.
- An ability to listen, demonstrate empathy and gain people's trust at all levels.
- A high level of resilience, emotional intelligence and determination. Able to be flexible, work independently and adapt to change as required.
- A commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- A commitment to personal learning, development and improvement in pursuit of own objectives and those of the team and organisation.