Lead Piping Vessels & Valves Engineer - M/FSpie Services
a month0 Applicants
- Supervise Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning for activities related to PVV matters.
- PVV discipline includes but is not limited to the following engineering activities: Piping design, Piping accessories design, Vessel’s design, 3D models and layouts, Piping stress studies, Piping supports design in close relation with Structural specialist, Piping systems Constructability, Operability & Maintainability design.
The PVV engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- To follow-up all activities related to PVV and ensure compliance with COMPANY/Project specifications and with the requirements of the project documentation.
- To manage technical evaluation of the bids and prepare technical recommendation with Engineering Manager.
- To follow-up piping, procurement, construction, expediting, FAT and assist in pre-commissioning for discipline related activities.
- To track and follow up CONTRACTOR’s activities in his/her discipline and ensure compliance with General Specifications, Codes and Standards.
- Ensure materials are stored n line with the OEM’s recommendation.
- To review and comment on CONTRACTOR documents within Ten working days.
- To anticipate problems in his/her discipline and inform COMPANY Engineering Manager.
- To highlight and report any deficiencies or changes to the Contractual scope of the basis of design. Management is to be immediately informed regarding any deviation, risk or concerns related on HSE, technical, planning or cost issues.
- To review and analyze planning updates including critical path for discipline related activities; review and approve progress for discipline related activities, and coordinate with COMPANY Engineering Manager.
- To ensure that CONTRACTOR resources and organization are adequate and competent for achieving the discipline engineering and procurement works.
- To prepare responses to all technical requested from CONTRACTOR and Project with the aim to add value by minimizing costs without sacrificing safety or the level of quality. This includes offering solutions and informing the Engineering Manager.
- To provide detailed assistance to COMPANY Engineering Manager on derogations, exemption, or modification requests.
- To undertake technical evaluation of Change Order Requests for the parts related to the discipline.
- To participate in all audit activities (HSE, PRs, HAZOPS, HAZID, SPOT, etc.).
- To ensure participate in inter discipline reviews, eg: QA/QC activities, Precom/com, start-up, O&Ms)
- To participate and propose solution in interfaces resolution between Contractors for all MEC matters.
- To ensure that scope of work is fulfilled in his/her discipline.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the hierarchy.
HSE Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support and enforce the HSE Project objectives and directives.
- Make safety suggestions, report any anomalies, unsafe acts or conditions observed.
Required Qualifications and Background
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering) equivalent or more.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 15
- Experience within project: (number of years): 10
Key Technical Skills:
- Conceptual, Basic, Detailed and Construction Engineering.
- Onshore Greenfield and Brown field Project Engineering and Design Experience
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, applications of methods, materials and the use of computers and 2-D and 3-D computer aided design (CAD) and PDMS within the discipline.
- Skillful in performing and validating third party calculations.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental assessment for discipline design.
- Proficient in the use of Caesar for Piping Stress Analysis.
- Familiar with the codes (ASME B31.3) and TOTAL GS EP PVV).
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
About the company