Lead Structural Engineer - M/FSpie Services
a month0 Applicants
- To Lead the Structural aspect of Engineering design and preparatory works, and proactively ensure no gaps.
- To lead in the review of Structural deliverables to ensure optimization of work and advice the Engineering Manager of corrective actions to be implemented.
- Ensure that Structural deliverables comply with COMPANY specifications.
- coordinate all interfaces with ECP, FO & HQ on Structural related activities. Advise possible optimization strategies where required.
- To lead in the review of Structural related matters of exhibit E, and other Structural aspects of the CFT and participate during CPY clarifications on these aspects.
- To actively participate in all Project Technical Reviews.
- Follow up on contractor’s activities and ensure compliance with Project specifications.
- Reports to the Engineering Manager on the progress of Structural activities
- Follow up Engineer’s activities related to structures design studies and ensure compliance with General specifications and with the requirements of the project documentation.
- Liaise with the contractor’s design staff as and when required to ensure efficient and timely resolution of all issues identified during engineering work.
- Monitor construction, outfitting activities at the fabrication yard and during site installation and construction, hook-up, and commissioning
- Liaise with other Company staff at the site and other locations for coordination of interface design and other activities
- Manage technical evaluation of the bids and prepare technical recommendations with Engineering Manager.
- Follow-up procurement, construction, expediting, and assisting in pre-commissioning for discipline-related activities.
- Review and comment on CONTRACTOR documents within ten working days.
- Anticipate problems in his/her discipline and inform COMPANY Engineering Manager.
- Highlight and report any deficiencies or changes to the Contractual scope of the basis of design. Management is to be immediately informed regarding any deviation, risk, or concerns related to HSE, technical, planning, or cost issues.
- Review and analyze planning updates including a critical path for discipline-related activities; review and approve progress for discipline-related activities, and coordinate with COMPANY Engineering Manager.
- Ensure that CONTRACTOR resources and organization are adequate and competent for achieving the discipline of engineering and procurement works.
- Prepare responses to all technical requests from CONTRACTOR and Project to add value by minimizing costs without sacrificing safety or the level of quality. This includes offering solutions and informing the Engineering Manager.
- Provide detailed assistance to COMPANY Engineering Manager on derogations, exemption, and modification requests.
- Undertake a technical evaluation of the Change Order.
HSE Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support and enforce the HSE Project objectives and directives. Ensure all HSE targets are achieved.
- Make safety suggestions, report any anomalies, and initiate STOP procedure for unsafe acts
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to HSE and quality management.
- Monitor the HSE performance of Contractors and their sub-contractors, and ensure compliance with documented HSE Plans and procedures.
- Ensure that all Company personnel and visitors know, understand, and comply with safety regulations on site, and have received adequate HSE training.
- Ensure the CONTRACTOR HSE activities are planned and implemented as per HSE plan(s).
- Ensure that CTR follows approved work procedures in site execution works.
Required Qualifications and Background
- Qualification: Bachelor's Degree (Structural Engineering) equivalent or more.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 10
- Experience within the project: (number of years): 10
Key Technical Skills:
- Onshore Greenfield and Brownfield Project engineering and design experience
- Conceptual, Basic, and Detailed engineering and Construction of onshore structures.
- Knowledge and application of systems and methods for structural materials se
- lection and calculations. Knowledge of 3-D computer-aided design (CAD) software tools like Navisworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Skillful in verifying and validating third-party structural design calculations.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environmental assessment for discipline design
- Proficiency in the use of structural design and analysis software tools like STAAD Pro, and SACS.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals, and being immersed in international culture.
About the company