- We are on the lookout to hire a Legal Analyst / Editor to join our fast-growing company.
- It’s best to understand what this role entails first, please read about this job here: https://bit.ly/legaleditor
The best teammates will have:
- Must be a lawyer
- Expert understanding of how to craft and evolve legal narratives
- Ability to organize and manage projects across a variety of media
- 2 - 5 years of content writing experience in a legal environment (post-NYSC
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Working With Us
Why you probably should not apply (it’s not you, it’s us)
- We’re a small growing team with a rate that isn’t as competitive as “big” players.
- You don’t like an open and flexible culture - we trust ourselves to be adults and get the work done. Our default is not to chase anyone down. If you can’t get work done without being micro-managed, you will find working with us horribly.
- You hate learning new things. We’re constantly learning and trying new things; we understand this might not be your thing and that’s OK.
- You don’t like writing clearly. We are a training and publishing company and writing clearly helps reduce miscommunication; we understand if this isn’t your style.
- You’re a bigot. We seriously have zero tolerance for this. That is, we have no tolerance for chauvinism, homophobia, sectarianism, racism, zealots, antifeminism, nepotism and others of its kind.
If it’s a fit, here’s what we offer:
- Consistent workload
- Strict deadlines (prioritizing your work is important)
- Stable work as part of a high-performing team
- Company-sponsored self-directed learning
- You will be part of a team working towards transforming legal practice across Africa.