Legal CounselPhillips Outsourcing
3 days ago0 Applicants
- With guidance of Senior Counsel and/or external counsel (as applicable), give accurate and timely legal counsel to internal business teams on a myriad of business issues
- Draft, review and advise on a variety of legal documentation and contracts
- Send out prompters for Agreement renewals and arrange for the proper and timely execution of Agreements
- Negotiate with outside parties on specified contractual issues and legal disputes
- Working with the Senior Counsel and external counsel, ensure that current laws, regulations, rules and legal materials/information likely to impact Business Partners operations are pre-emptively identified and develop materials to advise the business accordingly
- Assist with reviewing new claims and collaborate with business teams to devise efficient defense, working with the Senior Counsel
- Collate information and documents to aid the Litigation process and arrangements for Company witnesses and pre-trial briefings
- Proactively liaise and collaborate with external counsel, including follow-up and obtaining feedback on cases
Legal Risk Management:
- Proactively research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business teams decisions and operations, and advise accordingly
- Perform initial due diligence in legal matters, where required
Training and Awareness:
- Prepare periodic articles, training materials and updates on relevant legal issues for the business’ information.
- Ensure timely payment of External counsel and other Legal Vendors • Prepare legal reports and slides – as assigned by the Senior Counsel
- Update and maintain online and physical legal files and documentation
- Ensure monthly update of templates and other legal departments on the Legal Sharepoint
- Ensure proper filing of the Legal Team’s documents
- Support Legal Projects and/or other such programmes within the Company
- Carry out other legal-related tasks which the Senior Counsel assigns, from time-to-time.
- Candidate must have a great personality - is responsive, positive and constructive
- Must havebeen called to the Nigerian Bar, and possesses a minimum of 3 years work experience
- Candidate must have experience in working with a manufacturing firm or must be a legal counsel for a reputable company.
- Candidate should betech-savvy and has great knowledge of IT tools for work (including MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc)
- Possesses excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Has some working knowledge of corporate and commercial law
- Is responsible and accountable - takes ownership of assigned tasks and sees them through to completion without needing constant supervision.
- Is good at organizing, planning, and prioritizing his/her work
- Is willing and ready to learn and grow professionally.
- Candidate should be willing to resume almost immediately
- Candidate should reside in Ikeja and its environs.
About the company
Our focus is to provide bespoke outsourcing solutions to meet the business needs of our clients. We have been delivering effective outsourcing solutions to our clients for over 13 years.