- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
In addition to all Level 1 tasks, Level 2 will:
- Work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines, operations and mechanical personnel
- Proactively seek reliability improvements directed at increasing plant equipment uptime while reducing maintenance costs
- Specify new rotating equipment to comply with industry and company design practices.
- Ensure safe, cost effective, operable machinery and associated systems are provided and maintained to meet current business unit needs.
- Job Requirement.
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.