- We're seeking a highly creative and resourceful manager with some experience (3+ years) in quality writing, editing and management experience to join our team on a full-time basis.
- The ideal candidate must have had experience in Managing and executing digital content calendar for editorial, sales and social media, editing content while maintaining editorial integrity, coordinating outside contributors, coordinating sales tie-ins between editorial and sales Team, ensuring e-Newsletter deployments and supporting digital sales efforts.
- It’s best to understand what this role entails first, please read about this job here: https://bit.ly/esqmanagingeditor
The best teammates will have:
- Must have at least 3+ years of practice experience
- Succinct legal writing and proficiency in using technology tools like Slack, Google Workplace etc. Effective communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the law and the business / regulatory environment in Nigeria
- Skill in legal research and business advisory.
Working With Us
Why you probably should not apply (it’s not you, it’s us)
- We’re a small growing team with a rate that isn’t as competitive as “big” players.
- You don’t like an open and flexible culture - we trust ourselves to be adults and get the work done. Our default is not to chase anyone down. If you can’t get work done without being micro-managed, you will find working with us horribly.
- You hate learning new things. We’re constantly learning and trying new things; we understand this might not be your thing and that’s OK.
- You don’t like writing clearly. We are a training and publishing company and writing clearly helps reduce miscommunication; we understand if this isn’t your style.
- You’re a bigot. We seriously have zero tolerance for this. That is, we have no tolerance for chauvinism, homophobia, sectarianism, racism, zealots, antifeminism, nepotism and others of its kind.
If it’s a fit, here’s what we offer:
- Consistent workload
- Strict deadlines (prioritizing your work is important)
- Stable work as part of a high-performing team
- Company-sponsored self-directed learning
- You will be part of a team working towards transforming legal practice across Africa.