- To sustain historic gains and break the cVDPV2 transmission, UNICEF has been supporting the Government of Nigeria in its OBRs as the lead social and behavior change partner. UNICEF is providing social mobilization support including by deploying over 18,500 strong VCM networks across polio high-risk and low RI coverage states.
- The VCM network ensures caregivers and community gatekeepers are aware of polio risks, benefits of vaccines, new-borns vaccination with zero dose oral polio vaccines, community-based AFP surveillance, tracking of defaulters, missed and non-compliance and vaccination and strengthens routine immunization, particularly in the 12 polio high-risk states and UNICEF field offices.
- The data consultants will ensure the timely collection, quality assurance, and sharing of the vital information on key social mobilization and immunization indicators including during OBRs, SIAs, and in-between rounds, collected by the VCM network and will enable evidence-based planning and decision making by ensuring relevant, reliable, and timely information when and where required.
- They will support the state team with the analysis, visualization, and sharing of information critical for timely and evidence-based planning and decision making and provide appropriate support to the State Emergency Operation Center (SEOC), State Emergency Routine Immunization Coordination Center (ICC), State Emergency Maternal and Child Health Intervention Centre (SEMCHIC), WHO and other partners when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences, or any relevant Bachelor’s Degree with related work experience.
- At least three years of experience in Information management, analytics, data visualization, Statistics, or M&E preferably in a public health setting.
- Experience working with Open Data Kit (ODK).
- Advance knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with SQL, ArcGIS/QGIS/Open Street mapping.
- Knowledge of Python and a front-end development framework.
- Familiarity with Kibana, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Working experience in UN or other international development organization.
- Familiarity with emergency responses.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
- UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).