- The primary purpose of this role will be to coordinate and manage LBS externally funded research.
- Implementing proactive administrative and operational strategies aimed at securing funding for the institutions research projects and advising on regulations and policies on research funding.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
Include but not limited to the following:
- Identify prospective funding sources, new funding initiatives and support for current research projects.
- Maintain liaison and effective communication and build beneficial relationship with individuals and organizations at various levels across the research community.
- Manage application for external research grant including proposal development, budgeting, completion of proposal forms, progress report submission, expenditure reconciliation, research compliance requirements, subcontracts, renewals, exit and sponsors term and conditions.
- Liaising with funding bodies on their procedures, regulations, terms and condition to ensure these are adhered to in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide technical support to the Research Director in strategic planning and implementation of policies and procedures to promote research activities in the faculty.
- Identify prospective participants and coordinate development of faculty interdisciplinary research teams and proposals.
- Develop and facilitate workshops, meetings or conferences that enhance research funding opportunities and profile.
- Prepare substantive administrative reports and documents.
- Manage varying voluminous caseload of complex assignments and projects from multiple sponsors requiring deadlines and timely submissions.
- Represent the unit in committees and relevant university meetings.
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to direct reports
- Oversee that institutions research outputs and academic publications are on the university website, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Any other specific or adhoc duty to be assigned by line manager from time to time.
- Manage the performance of Research Assistants.
- Good First Degree in the field of Social Science
- Professional Qualification
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years in administrative position with at least 3 years in supervisory level.
- Experience gained in Higher Education or reputable organization with interest in funding research projects will be an advantage.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Planning and Organizational skills and initiative
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Supervisory skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of Budgeting and project management
- Knowledge of research grant administration
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Knowledge of proposal writing
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Experience of policy drafting
- Experience of operations of research funding and donor agencies
- Secretarial skills
- Public Relations skills.