- We are looking for a Risk Management & Internal Control Analyst to analyze and assess the risk in the organization and design and implement strategies and processes which mitigate threats to the successful delivery of the organization’s corporate and business plans and desired outcomes.
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
- Assessing risk by analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that can affect the organization.
- Evaluating risks by comparing the estimated risk against the given risk criteria with the aim of determining the significance of the risk.
- Establishing the level of risk the organization is willing to take and ensuring that adequate controls are in place.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to Executive Management with actionable plans for avoidance or prevention of possible threats at all levels.
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks.
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the organization.
- First Degree - At least second class upper Degree in Finance or related courses
- Professional certification - Membership of professional bodies such ICAN, ACCA will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a bank or other financial institution, at least 3 of which must have been in Risk Management/ Internal Control/ Internal Audit.
Skills / Competency Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of the business
- Excellent client’s relationship development/management
- Risk Management
- Financial Markets Knowledge
- Analytical and Numerical skills
- Attention to details
- Communication and presentation skills
- Results/Action Orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Leadership / Supervisory
- Team building/conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer appreciation / data entry (word-processing/spreadsheet/graphics/powerpoints).