- Under guidance of the Operations Manager, this position supervises a group of equipment trainers, ensuring subordinates perform their jobs, efficiently, safely and in a timely manner.
- Communicates training plan, process updates, operation sequence and new ways of working (Lean Training) to superiors and subordinates.
Manages the activities of the Operations training unit:
- Conducts need analysis to determine training needs based on projected processes, changes, and other factors.
- Provides safety support for Operations in terms of conducting Risk assessments, developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) performing audits and supporting with incident investigation.
- Plans, develops, and provides Equipment operation, safety, and other Operations related training for personnel.
- Manages training procedures and practices in accordance with global standards.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success, and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Provides instruction and coaching to training instructors.
- Facilitates Lean training for all categories of employees as well as the deployment of lean tools (Visual/Daily Management, Problem Solving, 5S and Standardized Process).
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives and facilitates Kaizens, etc.
- Reports any problem areas of operations and implements the agreed changes to resolve the problems.
- Instructs subordinates in safe working practices and maintains a watch over terminal area for unsafe working practices.
- Acts as focal between the Industrial Training Fund and the Company.
Work/Business Contacts And Authority:
- Internal - All
- External - Nil
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Education: Minimum of First Degree.
- Experience: Level 4 Lean Student with up to 2 years experience in terminal operations.
- Terminal Operations
- Training Methodologies
- ITF Reimbursement processes
- Lean Tools
- Apply Lean Tools in Practical Situations
- Transfer knowledge and skills to students and terminal leaders
- Manage relations and keep the momentum of Safety and WOW culture.
- Extrovert and comfortable to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Structured both with own work and support others to develop strong structures
- Result oriented.
- Analytical, speak with data.
- Supportive and coaching personality.
- Able to maintain overview and structure even with many balls in the air
Learning & Career Opportunities:
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Stakeholder Management
- Process and resource optimisation.
Relevant next career steps might be:
- Terminal Transformation Manager
- WOW Manager
- Shift Manager
- Operations Manager or another operational manager role.
- We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and for each other.
- We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We’re proud of that and we see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Maersk is a Danish business conglomerate. It is the world's largest container shipping company by both fleet size and cargo capacity, offering regular services to 374 ports in 116 countries.